Friday, July 20, 2012

The Truth by Geeky and Sassy

While I'm in "baby mode," some lovely bloggers will be stepping in to guest post for me! (Be sure to leave them some love!) I'll be popping in here and there to share sporadic baby updates with you :). In the meantime, enjoy!!






Why does everything seem to happen in the morning over coffee?  This time it was with my husband.

I'm not sure what causes my feelings of inadequacy in our marriage.  Maybe it's
the baby belly nearly 2 years after having my son,
the fact that I no longer work outside of the home,
the piles of laundry that sit in our basement family room waiting to be folded,
or 
the lies I'm listening to and allowing to define me.  

These lies tell me I need to control things.


Let me set up the story for you.  Dishes clanked into the dishwasher as my husband helped me get some of the daily chores done so I could head outside with the kids that morning without worrying.  I was sweeping the floors for the 50th time in 3 days....My kids began fighting and the anxiety swept into the kitchen like a spring storm and my heart began to beat faster.  

Then came in my need to control.  

Controlling the timing of my husband responding to the kids "now"!  When it's not in my timing it's wrong.


I compare.  Knowing deep down I shouldn't, I still go there.  The place where I began questioning my abilities as a wife and mother and the mood changed from teamwork of getting the chores done to "I'm not good enough".

I need to combat those lies with the Truth.  God's Truth.


I am beautifully and wonderfully made. (Psalm 139)
There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8)
Be anxious for nothing but in everything with prayer and petition bring your requests to God and the God of all truth will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4)

These are not just words.  They are truths we who follow and trust in Jesus can know are true.  

I hope you find time every day to spend time with the God of the Universe who loves and knows you intimately.  He knows the lies you believe and desires to give you the Truth and Peace....we just need to ask.  



1 comment: