Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

A few thoughts on my pregnancy:


Good things:

Only one week of very minor morning sickness
No heartburn
No sensitivity to odors
No carpal tunnel
No swelling (yet!)
No stretch marks (yet! Knock on wood!)


Bad Things

1st trimester: crankiness
2nd trimester: severe back pain, especially when sitting
3rd trimester: waddling

The Ugly 
Things I no longer enjoy
(**part of this is because I pulled my groin a month ago while exercising!)

Bending down or squatting down
The act of standing up
Walking
Stairs (my nemesis!)
Tying my shoes
Opening heavy school doors
Sneezing
Putting on pants
Waking up 2-3 times during the night

All in all, though, I really have been blessed with an easy pregnancy. Let's just hope labor and delivery goes smoothly!!


PS: The winner of the Matriarch Vintage giveaway is Vallon Evans!

12 comments:

  1. cute. the stairs thing made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Sneezing and stairs can be trouble. Yes, let's hope the delivery is smooth sailing. :)

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! This is exactly how I feel! I feel like I really have avoided many of the worst side effects, but I'm just now getting to the point where tying my shoes is the worst! Definitely in The Ugly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look too cute! Yes, there is definitely good/bad that come with it, but in the end...it's all good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. boo!! I am sorry for all the bad, but at least there is a lot of good!! :) I hope that the end of your pregnancy goes smoothly Sarah!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, you are lucky. Just hope for an easy birth as that is the final, final and it's all worth it. When my son came out, I wanted him to go back in so I could keep him all to myself again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute! How lucky to have an easy pregnancy. More than a year later, sneezing is still my enemy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so cute :) I love that you included "walking" as one of the things you no longer enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never had morning sickness but I would have put up with it to not have the stretch marks, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad your pregnancy is relatively good so far. I had horrible back pain too. I think that was one of the worst things about my pregnancy.

    [ a-lifeofourown.blogspot.ca ]

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could have written the exact same list!

    Knowing a sneeze is coming scares me to death. :) Hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It will all be worth it!! Can't wait "til we hold the little culprit!! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete