Friday, May 4, 2012

Birthday Blessings

As it turns out, it's really hard to be down and out about your birthday, when you have 13 kindergartners and first graders who are SO EXCITED about it!

One little girl told me a day beforehand:

"Guess what? Tomorrow's your birthday and me and the whole class made you a ENVELOPE and we're going to give it to you tomorrow but guess what, it's a SECRET and everybody CAN'T TELL YOU!!!"


I may have melted into a pile of giggles right then and there.

And the next day, when I woke up? My sister and my husband had arranged for a special ride to school:
























A LIMO!! If you remember from my life list, riding in a limo is something I've never done but have always wanted to do!! I felt like a total movie star - for once I wished my commute was longer than 20 minutes :)

The day just got better from there... I had cupcakes for the students (and they all drew me such sweet cards!), and my colleagues surprised me with a lunch spread! My aide baked a heart-shaped cake for me - it was delicious :)































When I got home, hubby picked up some takeout from the best empanada restaurant around... yum! We finished off the meal with thin mint ice cream.


Oh and I can't forget the beautiful flowers that one of my good friends from England had delivered. They really cheer up the house!


After my grand day (plus opening all of the packages and cards from faraway family), I felt extremely spoiled and VERY loved! So far being 30 has been pretty fun!

PS: Have you entered my blogiversary/birthday bash giveaway yet? Five fabulous prizes up for grabs!!

15 comments:

  1. what a wonderful Birthday Sarah!!!!!
    You surely are surrounded by love!!!!!
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, this makes me so happy! I love the photo of you by the limo :) what a thoughtful thing for your sister to do! Sounds like it was a truly memorable birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful birthday Sarah! You are too cute! Love your blog! Oh and those empanadas look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!! This looks to be the best birthday ever!!! That limo is amazing!! And all the treats look delicious and those flowers are so very pretty!!! Have a wonderful weekend dear!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome to show up to school in a limo! Love it!!! And, you and that bump look so cute standing next to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd say turning 30 was pretty fabulous! I'm so glad it was a special day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great day! See? I told you 30 wasn't anything to be afraid of!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! what an awesome day! glad you were appreciated like you deserve :) happy celebrating all weekend long!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you had such a wonderful day. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. limo ride to school sounds awesome! looks like you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful way to spend your special day! Any day that starts off with a limo ride must be pretty spectacular. So glad you were surrounded by people you love the whole day through. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Happy Birthday!! Looks like a fabulous day. A limo ride to work - how fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, Birthday girl! You seriously need to be sharing those empanadas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, is that some movie star all pregnant by her limo??? You must have been so excited. I would kill someone if they arranged that for me, but some people just love that stuff. Glad it was a happy one!

    ReplyDelete