Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pet parents

There were two things I wanted when I was little: a furry pet, and an older brother.

When I asked my mom, the answer was always "No" (and you can imagine that one of those answers was "No" with a giggle).

So when my husband and I had the opportunity to rescue three cats from being abandoned in the countryside, we jumped at the chance! Meet Mowgli, Mrs. Hufflepuff, and Gizmo (from left to right):


I never knew I could love pets so much - they all became my fur babies!

Sometimes, cats and crafting don't mix. I recently heard from Zoe about her cat Daisy who ingested sewing machine thread. Daisy is in critical condition, and Zoe is attempting to raise funds for her surgery through a big giveaway. I'll be contributing a gift certificate to my shop, and you can learn how to enter over here.

Anyone who has a pet knows firsthand how much a part of the family they become, how near and dear to your heart they are. Let's rally around Zoe and Daisy!!

10 comments:

  1. I totally hear you on the furry pets! Since we have two, I just love them so much! They are my boys and I couldn't image life without them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I have three kitty-babies too. They are absolutely part of the family.

    Headed over to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your babies are SO cute! My boys love to get into my craft supplies... Elliott ate some hemp string a while back, but luckily he threw it up a day later. I'm going to go visit Zoe right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have finally admitted to being a pet person. Now that the kids are older {and my daughter cleans the cat box}I really enjoy them. Especially the fact that the Dog never complains about what's for dinner or Bed time :)

    Prayers for Zoe & Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute how they snuggle together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're beautiful! I have fur babies and older brothers. It's wonderful. :)

    So, so sad about Zoe and Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw. yay for rescuing fur balls! too cute. & so sad about your friend's cat :( hope she gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Triplets!!!Love them they are adorable. I am a licensed Vet Tech - it was my second college major. When I worked we had a pair of kittens set fire to someones kitchen playing with the stove knobs when they weren't home!!! Luckily it was only the kitchen and not the whole house - but really they are just like toddlers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous trio! Thank you so much the Daisy love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awwww...we lost our Waldo last Summer after 12 years. he was my baby. sweet kitties.

    ReplyDelete