Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My "Meaning-to-do" List

It's both a blessing and a curse to have so many interests and hobbies. Sure, it's great to never feel bored, but it also kinda sucks to feel like you never have time for all that you want to do in the day.

Especially annoying are those things that get in the way of your hobbies like your Day Job, and Running Errands, and Keeping House. (We don't have kids yet, but I'm sure that's another big one that gets in the way of "me-time"!)

So I have this bookmarked list of things that I've been meaning to do. I got my first sewing machine last year (thanks, Santa!) and I've been collecting easy projects that I'd love to try.

I'm hoping that sharing these with you will motivate me to get started!!

First up, I'd love to make my own business card holder. Prudent Baby has a great tutorial here!

This potholder-makeup pouch looks simple enough for a beginner like me (and so much cuter than the plastic bag I usually throw my stuff in when I travel)! Obsessively Stitching shows how to do it here.

I'd love to make a set of these DIY moleskins from Honestly... WTF to give my coworkers as gifts!
I'd love to make a bunch of these (no sew!) to accessorize my wardrobe this season. Check out the tutorial from Make Grow Gather.

I'm lusting over this scarf/bolero/shawl from Happy Find. It looks a bit more complicated, but if I want it bad enough, I can do it.... right?!

So what's on your meaning-to-do list?

7 comments:

  1. They all look like wonderful projects! I've been sewing for years and I still love the quick and easy little "gifts" I can whip up. It's nice to be able to complete a project when you're short on time...makes you feel like you accomplished something that day.

    You'll have to post your finished projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. I have so many hobbies and never enough time. I seem to make time for crafts, but I haven't made nearly enough time for ballet (my true passion). I'm hoping to find a class or even rent out space soon. A new guitar with proper lessons is also on my list.

    Can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I completely understand. Good luck with your sewing projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute blog!! I love your layout - Very nice :)

    I actually took the day off from my job to make a dent in my to-do list! I'm in the process of applying to graduate schools and I just couldn't seem to find the time to sit down, read information, e-mail professors, make phone calls, etc. So today I am home alone and I am making some real progress - Good luck with your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 16 Thankful Turkeys to sew tomorrow for Monster's Class. Plus a bunch of blessing bird ornaments that I am planning to give as Christmas Gifts. I have also been promising my Daughter and Son Bible covers and matching note books for a month now & really want a make-up bag that fits in my purse. My imagination is always in greater abundance than my time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects! I know exactly what you mean. I've been meaning to knit a hat since the end of the summer, and my head remains sans hat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh. i love this post. so wonderful :) thanks for sharing all of these. i definitely want to try the diy molekine too.

    & if you haven't already, check out: http://noodleheads.blogspot.com/
    she's got some awesome tutorials :)

    ReplyDelete