Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Falling in love with Fall

I love Fall. If it wasn't back-to-school season (aka: back-to-work), it would be just perfect. When we lived in Michigan, I loved the brightly colored orange, yellow, and red trees. I loved the crisp air, the warm sweaters, and the tall boots.

Now that we live in Texas, Fall means something a bit different. First of all, it doesn't come around until sometime after Halloween. And even then, it just means a break from the intense heat.

I suppose I shouldn't complain -- lots of folks have cold and rainy weather right now, and the sun is still shining brightly down here.

But still.

One of my favorite parts of Fall is the scents. Gingerbread, vanilla, pumpkin, apple....... Freshly baked anything. And you don't need to cook to get these wonderful aromas going in your house! In fact, with the right candles and soaps, I can just shut the blinds, dim the lights, and pretend it's really Fall!




What are your favorite scents of the season?

14 comments:

  1. I love Halloween candy and carving pumpkins with my boys. I know they aren't scents, but I like fall as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for including my soap apple!
    Love Myotherprincess bombs- I have a bunch of them. I'm crazy for candy corn scent this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That candy apple soap looks delicious! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Cinnamon Spice soap sounds delicious and the cupcake bomb looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the change of seasons! I wouldn't want to live at a place where I cannot see the difference.
    Just LOVE caramel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The soap on Etsy just kills me - I always want to eat it. I just can not believe how edible some of the soaps look. My husband would nibble it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bath bomb looks awesome! I love fall, and I'm starting to love it more every year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love fall too! It's beautiful here it the Midwest this time of the year.

    That caramel apple looks so real, I can't believe it's soap. I think I am going to have to make some caramel this week and then my house can smell like caramel, one of my favorite smells.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE Fall, too! I have had a Caramel Pecan candle burning since I felt that first cool breeze. Everyone who enters my house things I must have been baking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Apple! and/or Cinnamon!
    I LOVE having apple cider in my crock-pot, makes the house smell great!
    Have you ever seen those pine cones they sell at Michael's or Hobby Lobby? They smell like cinnamon and they are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's okay to complain about Texas fall (or lack thereof). I spent four years of Michigan and I lament most of all the loss of a true fall.

    (When I was little, I used to make fun of the wildly colored "fall leaves" sold in craft stores. Thought they were so fake. Then I learned what fall colors can actually look like!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for including me! That soap looks yummy and so does that cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I live in Chicago and I know what you mean about autumn up here. My boyfriend lived in Texas for over half a year and missed our awesome fall weather like crazy. I don't know if I'd trade this for any other weather. But glad to know that the scents can always take us into fall. Oh man I love it. Especially pumpkin pie candles. MMMMMMM :) I'm loving this season!!!

    ReplyDelete