Friday, August 27, 2010

It's for the dogs

Today ends my first week back to school with the kids! It's been a long week, but a good one. My first graders are so cute! I taught fifth last year so their small little selves were a bit of a shock at first, but I love them.

Part of my job that I'm not really fond of is Lesson Planning. It's a necessary evil, I suppose: I'm a far worse teacher when I just try to wing it. What really annoys me is that on top of my own personal lesson plans, I also have to submit a separate lesson plan with this special format for the principal. These are a waste of time because the format doesn't lend itself well to... well, actually teaching.

I think this cute little magnet from Cafe Press says it all:

4 comments:

  1. I find that I do better when I wing it, but I guess lesson plans have their purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for back to school time! How great that you are teaching the little ones! And agree with you... doing double work is such as waste of time! Here's to a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have much love and respect for the teachers of the world!

    ReplyDelete