Sunday, July 4, 2010

Hand carved stamps for everyone!

As you know, I enjoy making (and selling) cards. I love using rubber stamps (well, and paper, and fun inks, and embellishments, and ribbon, and, and, and....). For a while now, I've been wondering how difficult it would be to carve my own rubber stamps.

I've been inspired by the lovely Olga from Cupcake Tree. Just look at this cute little owl:

And this darling goldfish in a bowl:

I also found this wonderful video tutorial if you're interested:


Stamp Carving from Geninne D. Zlatkis on Vimeo.

Talk Crafty to Me also has a fabulous post that spells out the tools and materials you'll need to get started. This may just be my next summer project!

3 comments:

  1. Those are so cute. When I get back from my vacation I'm going to need to start getting my shop ready for Christmas, and that includes cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my. what a great idea / diy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen that tutorial, it's great isn't it? Stamp carving is fun and it's really not too difficult. I say you totally try it out!!

    ReplyDelete