Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Silhouettes

Silhouettes aren't just for elementary school crafts anymore-- they're making a comeback as lovely home decor and grown-up gifts!

Check out these custom made silhouette his and her mugs from Miss Crowland:


Or this needlepoint belt buckle from Needle You:


I'm loving this modern personalized print from Nella Designs:


And this custom silhouette wedding poster from Ello There would make a great wedding gift:


A few months ago, I tried my hand at silhouette art to decorate our bedroom. I found this fantastic tutorial from The Fab Miss B and got to work. It was surprisingly simple! Here was my end result:



I was quite pleased with the final product!! Do you have any silhouette art in your house?

7 comments:

  1. I love the pair of mugs. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the paper you chose for the background on your project!

    I'm going to check out that tutorial.. i <3 tutorials

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the art! I don't currently have any silhouette art in my house, but I might have to get some now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I tried posting here yesterday but internet was hating me then. So just wanted to say I really like your blog, the content, and layout I've seen so far. Thanks for following me, following you too. We're going in circles :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love silhouettes... timeless. Many thanks for sharing :)

    Genevieve xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Silhouettes are always versatile and classy.

    ReplyDelete